Sunday, June 6, 2010

Song For Me

Dear Wentz: I'm not just saying this because I think I love you, but because it is the honest truth...what some may call a fact of life. Your toothpaste really is better. I found myself...unsatisfied with the aftertaste of all the toothpastes that I had tried here in Japan. And Finally I let my fangirl have a break and tried your brand. Oh how refreshing and wonderful. My mouth tastes minty and clean! Even 15 minutes after brushing! Thank you good sir. On another note... you're candy is also quite delightful, and were I male I'm sure I'd find your underwear brand to be absolutely wonderful. Here's to Everyday Heroes.

I have been in search of Posters of the great sparkly wonder that Becca showed me... but yet I have not succeeded. But fear not! I will not give up yet!! Everyday I am secretly looking...up, down, around...UNDER. (Sparkly Fellows are know to hide) hoping to catch him in my periff... just an add or something of the sort. One day... I can feel that I will be able to report success to Becca before too long! Fear not Becca-Chan! I have been looking for Mr. Shiny!

Little things that delight:
There's this fashion in Tokyo, where guys where a slightly unbuttoned white shirt, a black vest and Black pants with a slightly Askew belt.
I feel like I've seen it somewhere before... hmm.. Can't think of where. Moving on!

The other day- My Performance Studies Teacher mentioned Dr. Horrible! Needless to say, I almost died. Love! I had literally just shown it to Nascha the night before so I was ridiculously excited.

I wrote a rap about sexism!!! It was for a class, and it was actually a song and Rap. It was a re-write of Clint Eastwood by the Gorillaz. Yaaaay for awesome stuff! Then we performed it and I had a blast.

Okay- So here's the deal: Imagine Chloe' in America. I'm rather energetic from time to time, right?
Weeeeeelll...Japan Chloe is even more so. Particularly because so many people are so calm it just makes me wanna explode. I have a lot of really random ways that I get energy out. Some of them are fairly normal, like running through Tokyo for no reason, doing Yoga on the train, taking several hour long walks...or that kinda thing. But my favorite (and most effective) way is to do along term dance jog (which involves using the walls, rails, ducking, spinning, kicking.... the whole 9 yards...just around Eda. I usually do it at night, and I prefer to do it in the heavy rain. I was talking to Nascha about it, and my quote was,
"I can't help it...and I'm not crazy!! I just have SO MUCH ENERGY...ALL THE TIME."

A couple weekends ago I went the the Sagamihara campus for a club meeting that my friend Ken wanted me to go to, and I met a ton of new people who I've been keeping in contact with. It was amazing because I was the only white person there, and there were students who really hardly ever see international students so I felt like... the prize animal at a zoo, but in a good way =)
It was pretty random though, cause Kensuke just kinda called me and was like "Come to my club meeting! It's a cool club and it'll be fun! Here's the time to be there! By the way it's tomorrow ;P "
And I came after my english lesson, but it really was super fun. People asked me so many random questions.

You know, you'd think the "Why did you come to Japan" question would get easier after awhile, but I change my answer every time. It started because I just thought of different things every time, but then I decided to keep it up. So now most of the battle is thinking of something I haven't already said! Which is really hard...cause bloody EVERYone asks that question! So I have to think up new ones almost every day! It had made me appreciate coming to Japan more though, cause I have realized all the awesome reasons that someone could want to come to Japan. But on the days I'm tired... people get really lame answers. Like:
"I like the color of seaweed." のりの色が好きよ!
and then I realized what I said and had to try and support it, which ended with a very desperate sounding Chloe using lots and lots of wild hand motions and one helluva confused Japanese person trying to find a way to leave while still maintaining the Nihonjin politeness. Yeah... that was awkward.

Then I went to a Japanese BBQ. Let me describe a Japanese BBQ...
First- you go to a far away parc, where you spend ridiculous amounts of money to rent a bbq set and a table and a tent. Then you purchase food from the parc too. Then you go about bbq yakiniku and vegetables. Which is pure oishii. I hung out with a really funny Korean who spoke no english beside lines that he memorized from "The Holiday" and British TV shows. We talked about Faulty Towers =D
I also taught him how to say "Picking up Chicks" and he was really excited. He did this sillt thing where whenever anyone would speak english, he would repeat it, whichout knowing the imi. So if someone would say "I'm gonna kill you!" He'd repeat it to the same person. And.... you probably had to be there. But it was really funny!

The weekend after that I just hung out with people and chilled around Tokyo. AKA: worked >_<

This weekend was bloody amazing!!!! Satuday I met Saori (who was an exchange student at Linfield last semester) and we hung out in Tokyo. It was really fun, she's a sweetheart! Then that night I had an interview for a summer camp counsilor position and... it was really fun. I don't know why, but I absolutely love interviews. I made friends with the interviewers and we laughed, had a good old time, and even created some inside jokes by the time the next person came in. I sang and performed "Take me out to the ballgame" and then said that it was a cultural bridge and stuff. Ganbarimasu!

Then Sunday was....aaaaammmmaaaaazzzzing. Why You ask? Well, obviously, because it was filled with Frisbee and awesomeness. It's hard to explain just how much I love Frisbee. And I just love running around and exerting physical energy. I think my friend Mike and I were the only ones to be out playing Frisbee (or Soccer) pretty much the whole time. Other people would come in for like...15 minutes or so. But we stayed consistant. And we were both sweaty and stinky by the end =)
Oh! there was a tornado too! That was cool and random!
Aaaaannnd...a random Tokyo University Student came over and started talking to me. He just kinda walked up to me and asked if we could hang out. I laughed and said "Sure, join our soccer game!" But then my American friends teased him instead. It was pretty adorable.

Nihongaku is the most dull class ever. Thank god for Mike, cause we just draw comics the whole time. Quite wonderful comics though! They are epic and have random plot points and some panels look bad (the ones I draw) and some look freaking amazing (the ones that mike draws) and most end with a star wars reference.

Hmmm...Homesick?
Not really. I mean... I miss my Parents a lot, I miss my sister a lot, I miss my friends too. And there's a couple of things that I guess I miss about America. But overall...Naw. Not yet =)
I am so happy here. So so so so so so so happy!

But don't take that the wrong way either. I mean... I actually have had some hard times this month. MY language skills (or LACK THERE OF) have frustrated me almost to the point of crying. And had my friend Tee not been there after my second period last week, I probably would have gone and hid in a corner by myself for several hours frustrated at life for understanding BUT not being able to say words like: inconspicuous, Social Norms, Developing Countries, global market, interchangeable, subjective... ect ect. But Tee (my sweet Thai Friend) just walked with me to the cafeteria, and kindly reassured me. So it was okay. There was no Chloe' melt-down incident. And then I went home and called Regina, and after that made several new sets of vocab words so that I can totally speak up next time! Yeah! ;P

My dorm has become the consolation room... People come in after midnight to ask for advice about random things. It doesn't bother me...cause I'll do anything I can to help someone...it's just.... I wake up at 6:30. And When people don't leave my room until 2:30 it makes the whole- sleeping enough to make my head stop hurting from trying to think in japanese, thing very difficult.

Jah...I'll continue later =)

4 comments:

  1. wow.
    I am almost overwhelemed by all the crazed energy in your blog.
    almost. not quite.

    kind of jealous of your yoga on a train. you should ask random people odd questions in french. I don't know, it sounds entertaining for a person who knows french.

    much looooooooooove

    ReplyDelete
  2. クロイちゃーん!!
    エントリ待っていたのよ!
    氷川きよし~♥のポスターを探してくれてありがとうね!

    会いたいよ!いつかSkypeで話そう!
    ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my god Chloe. I miss you SO MUCH. You have no idea, I have been lethargic and bored basically since you left, and I just couldn't figure out why...and then, reading your blog, I realize, I have no motivation, so few people to go on adventures with.
    I'm glad you're having adventures in Japan love, keep us all updated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. did I mention the person that moved into our room had never seen Star Wars?!?!
    Did you know I actually did a crazy-lady laugh after she said that?!
    We got along alright...but damnit, I just missed you and Kristina all the more!!!
    Oh, and I just realized that your crayon of posters is full of posters. It is in a safe place now, do not worry. :)

    ReplyDelete